The personal health and safety of each employee, customer and visitor on SFI premises is of great importance to us.? Visitors must check in at the front desk upon arrival and receive a name tag and appropriate personal protective equipment including a high visibility vest and safety glasses if going in the production areas.
Safety starts with meA8体育-官网
Each SFI employee is responsible for cooperating with all aspects of our Safety Program and for continually employing safe work practices while performing their duties. In addition to personal responsibility, safety administration is organized as follows:
- Our in-house safety manager implements, monitors and documents our safety initiatives and trainings, ensuring that OSHA compliance always stays top of mind.??
- The safety management team consists of the President, Controller, Safety Manager, Shop Supervisors and Leadmen.? This group meets monthly to discuss topics such as outstanding issues, on-going training, PPE, job hazard analysis, etc.
- SFI’s safety committee is comprised of volunteer production personnel who meet monthly to:
- Discuss “hot topics”
- Perform inspections and walk-throughs
- Work on various safety projects
- Bring to light any employee concerns
- Review any incidents that occurred the previous month and create action steps for future prevention.
- Shop and field supervisors conduct weekly toolbox meetings with their personnel.?
- As part of their annual training refresher course, field personnel are provided with OSHA 10-hour training and CPR & First Aid training.
- All production new-hires receive safety orientation prior to starting work.?
- SFI utilizes the services of an outside safety consultant for annual and special trainings.
SFI field crews build tanks and equipment on-site at customer facilities.? They are well trained in our fabrication methods which includes safe work practices and use of proper PPE (personal protective equipment).? All personnel are required to follow the SFI safety program as well as any additional requirements set forth by our customers.? Our priority is maintaining an accident-free worksite!
We have JHA’s (job hazard analysis) on all production tasks and operations (for both shop and field).? Our safety program covers a wide range of topics including:?
- Aerial lifts, power industrial trucks, scissor lifts
- Confined space
- Crane inspection and maintenance
- Electrical safety
- Fall protection
- Fire safety
- Hazard communication
- Hearing conservation
- Ladder, scaffold safety
- Lock-out tag-out
- Personal protective equipment
- Welding & cutting
The safety program also provides for administrative issues such as
- Accident prevention, incident reporting, and investigation
- Emergency action plan
- First aid policy
- Fleet safety
- General waste management
- Substance abuse
Drug Free WorkplaceA8体育-官网
SFI recognizes the dangers associated with drug and alcohol use/abuse and has a substance abuse policy in place that includes:
- 10-panel testing of new hires;
- Post-accident testing
- Random drug testing
- Reasonable cause testing